Tuesday 9 February 2010

The update

And so the great day dawned, the court had approved the final settlement and I am now a free man with no financial obligations.

Of course that's just as well as I've just been fleeced of £90,000 but in return i get to keep the house and the kids are not made homeless by the random behaviour of the ex's solicitor..

Main problem was that the court actually decided this in January but forgot to tell me, so by the time i received the warning i only had three days to pay. Has anyone tried to transfer that amount of dosh in three days? I had the fraud squad on the phone the first day.
Now Sir, we cant permit this sort of thing

Er, but the court insists.
We dont care you have to transfer less than £9,999 we cant handle the paperwork otherwise...

So I can do three transfers and the rest by cheque?
yes but only if you must, and we will have to report you for money laudering
And so it was made so, and I am free but skint...The ex can answer the fraud squad questions on where she suddenly found £90,000 from.
"Under the bed madam?, ehhem, I think not"


I thought I had kept some back for house repairs but in fact I had used it earlier to keep my company shares...oops...Now the repairs will have to be botched...but they will still need to be done...

And so to socials. I tried to go to the folk club last week, but it had closed. They must have heard I was thinking of playing some Pink Floyd songs and gone home to Cork...

Well in a way that would be a welcome thing, but some of the music was actually ok (sometimes), the trouble was that there was only enough ok stuff for one performance a year, not every week, so the locals had tired of attending.

Some enterprising spark has created a new club called Pheonix(genius) that now just meets every second friday in the month. I suppose they may have more ok stuff but I will have to wait until this week to find out. Anyways if you are near the Red Lion in Whittlesford, pop in and try it out. We should support these enterprises...

I will now have to wait and see if Pink Floyd is acceptable to the new owners!

2 comments:

  1. Don't know whether to congratulate you on being a free man or commiserate you on the final going south of your marriage and £90K. Such amounts are simply inconceivable to the likes of me (at least not without the - sign indicating I owe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you could do both but only over beer and curry..

    I have only managed to find that amount myself by entirely depleting my pension fund, and with only two years to retirement that may yet haunt me to my grave.

    ReplyDelete